To Marriage, Parenthood, and Beyond. . .

Keepin' up with the Jones'...or Joneses...which ever one. :)

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Time MARCHes on, APRIL flew by, MAY I have your attention, its now JUNE?!

This has been my longest blog gap ever! Four months have come and almost gone. As far as keepin' up with the Jones' here it is:

If you are not in the mood to read and just want to look at pictures, heres a quick recap:
I had a birthday, went to the rodeo, mother's day, went to Vegas, loved Vegas, Asher is crazy hyper. :)

March: My birthday! I turned 2? years old! :) Birthdays are not near as exciting as they used to be. At work we did a "panini party" and Grant got me a Fossil bag that I wanted. I am finding that I am way more excited about Asher's birthday than mine. Spring Break came with my a warm welcome! This school year was my roughest for various reasons, so any break was great! My dad, Eric, Ricky, and Christopher came for part of the week and we went to the Rodeo and saw Miranda Lambert. Eric was brave and bungee jumped. My palms were sweating just watching the elevator lift him in the sky. We also went to Galveston and attended Grant's cousin's wedding. It was at the Hotel Galvez. The colors were beautiful, the bridal party was gorgeous, and the reception was very fun. It was Asher's first reception to attend. Notice I didn't mention the wedding, because Grant actually stayed in the room with him because he was being cranky. I don't think Grant seemed to mind only going to the party portion of the night. :)

April: At school we had the TAKS test. If you are not in education you need to understand that this is the Olympics of school. People train all year, eat a good breakfast, hone their skills, and demonstrate their built up endurance on one fateful day... haha sound intense? It is! The whole building is tense! There is so much pressure placed upon students and teachers to perform well. Ughhh...so glad its over! At the end of April I went to visit Kristine in New York City. It was 3 super busy, awesome days! Daniel also joined us, so it was a great reunion of friends. Kristine was an amazing hostess because she knew all the best spots to go to. We had great food, great drinks, great laughs, and soooooooo many walks. haha. I just knew I had gained 5lbs on this trip, but when I got home, I had actually lost a pound. I'll take that. :)

May: My first Mother's Day! It was a bittersweet day. I was missing my own mom, but I was also celebrating with my son. Grant and Asher suprised me with a trip to Las Vegas in June! Asher also was introduced to swimming! He is very good in the water. He keeps his tongue hanging out constantly. Grant and I LOVE watching him play. It is so cute! We first let him play in a blow up pool in the backyard, then we took him to the neighborhood pool, and then to Grant's aunt and uncle's house on Mother's Day. The neigborhood pool is mainly why we chose to build our house in Fall Creek. It is so kid and family friendly. They have an area that is just water sprinklers coming up off the ground. Asher loves crawling around there. He thinks everything is so funny. His latest "thing" he does is a fake laugh. He looks at people and cheeses at them with a fake laugh. It cracks me up. One thing he did not think was funny was a little bit of baby swim lessons. Grant's mom told us you are supposed to look babies in the eyes and say, "Ready, Ready, Ready" and then dunk them under water in an "S" motion. He did great at first, but then when we did it again he started freaking out anytime we said, "Ready, Ready, Ready." Later that night when I was giving him a bath I said the dreaded three words...and he started freaking out in the bathtub. hahaha. We also went to Whitney's A&M graduation and had a great time celebrating her.

June: We went on a baby-less vacation! I love Asher, but Grant and I enjoyed our 3 days away! Las Vegas was amazing! We didn't walk away millionaires, thousandaires, or even hundredaires, but we had a great time. We stayed at the Wynn, which is a 5 star hotel. Laying by the pool, with waitresses waiting on us was a little slice of Heaven. Whitney, Grant's sister, stayed at our house with Asher. She was so great with him, and I was so greatful to have her volunteer for the job. Grant's dad had a surprise 60th birthday party last weekend and it went off wonderfully. Grant had his first Father's Day and he had to work. :( BUT I did make him an awesome dinner of Sante Fe Chicken, Stuffed Jalapenos, and Chocolate Cookie Puffs. Whitney told me about this recipe blog called skinnytaste.com. It is AWESOME!

Asher is becoming so funny. His little personality has developed so much. He is a jokester. He smiles all the time and moves ALL the time. Do one year olds ever sit still?? He was hitting our table with the remote and I was telling him, "No" and he looked at me and slowly lowered the remote until it almost touched the table and started laughing to hard. He did this about twenty times. Then he will lightly tap it and look at me like...Are you gonna get me??? He love to have us chase him around the house. He goes crazy laughing. We are proud to say that he uses his potty two to three times a day. He is a pro. He has yet to walk without holding on to the couch or coffee table. He officially had his first tumble off the bed at Mimi's house, and he did poke himself in the eye and it swelled up at home with mommy. We got his first "real" haircut. He wasn't a fan. It took Grant in the chair with him, me entertaining from behind and holding a sippy cup, and the hair stylist being goofy as well. He looks very cute. No more chili bowl. :) When he wakes up now he lets us know by taking anything there possibly is and throwing it in the room. Sippy cup thrown out on the floor, sound maker unplugged thrown over, shoes taken off and thrown, blanket also thrown over. haha I walked in and he had his music box raised over his head and I caught it before it hit the floor. I CANNOT believe that I am planning his first birthday. It is going to be pirate themed. Even though he won't know the difference, I want it to be great for him! haha I can hear the booming of him waking up right now so this is where this entry ends, and my mothering for now begins.


 
Backyard pool. What a cheeseball smile. Its like he's saying "No Autographs Please."

Super Baby!

Tounge out...

Rodeo!

Christopher, Dad, Asher

Eric before he bungee jumped

At the park with papa Arme

Grant styled Asher's hair.

The neighborhood pool

Grant's Uncle's house for Mother's Day


Mima and Asher at Whitney's graduation.

Uncle Eric bought Asher his first cowboy hat.

Mimi gave Asher some new Converse shoes

Grant and I at the Wynn in Las Vegas.

Laughing because he was banging the remote on the table!

What a little man. :)
The show we saw in Vegas

Asher wore this shirt when Aunt Whitney watched him.

At the pool in Vegas.

Daniel, me, Kristine on the Brooklyn Bridge


Asher made this for me for Mother's Day at Anita's house.

No comments:

Post a Comment